A new quarter is on, and Warren Buffett has already purchased a company, the remaining 20% of IMC International Metalworking Companies that it did not already own, for $2.05 billion. He and his portfolio managers, Ted Weschler and Todd Combs, have no doubt increased their stakes in other companies and found new ones in which to establish positions.
If you think you know three companies the Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK.A)(NYSE:BRK.B) managers are finding attractive in the current second quarter, post the stock symbols in the comments section below. If you’re right, you will win a classic investing book of your choice from GuruFocus.
The winners of the first quarter 2013 contest are: Aleks1981, Fkw1979 and Skaboveyou.
They correctly guessed that Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK.A)(NYSE:BRK.B) portfolio added DaVita (NYSE:DVA), National Oilwell Varco (NYSE:NOV), Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) and DirecTV (DTV).
They will choose from the following list:
Top three winners will win one of the following investing classics to help them improve their investing skills by learning from the greats:
- Joel Greenblatt: The Little Book That Still Beats the Market (Little Books. Big Profits)
- Joel Greenblatt: You Can Be a Stock Market Genius: Uncover the Secret Hiding Places of Stock Market Profits
- Benjamin Graham: The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing. A Book of Practical Counsel (Revised Edition)
- Martin Whitman: The Aggressive Conservative Investor
- Peter Lynch: Beating the Street
- Peter Lynch: One Up On Wall Street : How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In The Market
- Benjamin Graham: Security Analysis: The Classic 1934 Edition
- David Dreman: Contrarian Investment Strategies - The Next Generation
- The Snowball: The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life
- Howard Marks: The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor (Columbia Business School Publishing)
Congratulations to the winners. Don’t forget to leave your three predicted stocks in the comments area below, and good luck.