These are the submissions from April. The articles that receive 26 points or higher will be tracked and the authors will receive $1,000 if the pick doubles in 12 months. The submissions that get lower points will be paid $50 each if these writings are exclusive to GuruFocus.
|Contest May 2013||Business Quality||Financial Strength||Management||Analytical Depth||Undervalued?||Presentation||Comments||Total|
|Value Idea Contest - PostNL at 3x Earnings||4||3||4||4||5||4||4||28|
|Apollo Group: This Unloved Company Is Significantly Undervalued||3||5||4||4||4||4||4||28|
|Silver Wheaton – Streaming Value||3||4||4||4||3||4||4||26|
|WellPoint (WLP) - A Comprehensive Value Analysis||4||4||3||4||4||4||3||26|
|Better know a company: Greggs PLC||3||4||4||4||3||4||3||25|
|CST Brands – Value in the Corner||3||3||3||3||4||4||3||23|
|Smith & Wesson: Despite Headline Risk, This Gun Stock Is an Attractive Buy||4||4||3||3||3||3||3||23|
These are the contest rules.
To qualify for the contest, your submission must follow these rules:
1. The idea must be well researched. Your analysis must cover at least these areas:
a. Company history and business
b. Financial strength
2. It is recommended that you follow the format of past winners. An example is this month’s winner here: Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Now DJCO Is a Present
3. We will evaluate each submission in the seven areas on 1-5 scale:
a. Business Quality
b. Financial Strength
d. Analytical Depth
4. The writing is exclusive to GuruFocus. But you can post an abstract at other places and link to the full article on GuruFocus.
5. The same idea has not been submitted for the contest by others within the previous six months.
1. The submissions that follow the above rules will qualify at least $25 in writer’s compensation
2. Those scored 26 or above will be awarded $100. There is no limit on the number of awards per month.
3. The stock picks of those scored 26 or above will be tracked for up to 12 months. If a pick doubled within 12 month of submission, the author will be awarded $1,000 in cash. The performances of the qualified submissions are tracked here.
This contest is now open. The deadline for each month’s submission is the end of the month. Please submit to win $1,000.