Gabelli Increases Holdings in Struggling Gentiva Health Services
About Gentiva Health Services
Gentiva Health Services is the nation’s largest provider of home health and hospice services based on revenue, delivering innovative, high-quality care to patients across the U.S. Gentiva is a single source for skilled nursing; physical, occupational, speech and neurorehabilitation services; hospice services; social work; nutrition; disease management education; help with daily living activities; and other therapies and services.
The company’s first quarter financial statement reports:
· Total net revenues of $415.6 million, a 5% decrease from the first quarter 2012.
· Net loss attributable to Gentiva shareholders of $207.2 million, or $6.73 per share, compared to the net income of $4.8 million, or $0.16 per share, during the first quarter of 2012.
· The adjusted EBITDA was $39.1 million compared to $41.9 million in the same quarter 2012.
CEO Tony Strange said about the company’s results, “I am very pleased with our overall results this quarter, which met our expectations despite a continued challenging reimbursement and regulatory environment.”
Despite the CEO’s optimism, analysts reviewing Gentiva have downgraded the company to underperform based on their lackluster first quarter performance.
Gentiva’s historical price, revenue and net income:
The analysis on Gentiva reports:
· The revenue has been in decline over the past year.
· The price is nearing a 1-year high of $12.58.
· The company’s asset growth is faster than its revenue growth.
Gentiva Health Services has a market cap of $351.4 million; its shares were traded at around $10.39 with a P/E ratio of 11.50 and a P/S ratio of 0.20.
There are five gurus that hold stake in GTIV. Click here to see the holding histories of these gurus.
You can view a complete list of real-time guru transactions here.