New Features We Added to Interactive Charts Lately
1. Search: Search the series.
2. Recession Overlap: With one click, you can overlap U.S. recession periods to the charts.
3. User-Defined Chart Settings: With one click you can load pre-defined g chart settings and draw the charts. We provide a few pre-existing settings. You can also save your chart settings, and load it later in one click.
4. Economic Data & Indicators: Economic indicators such as GDP, GNP, PMI, etc., can be drawn together with company financial charts.
5. Embed, Export, Download: Charts can be downloaded and exported, and chart data can be downloaded to Excel.
These are the details:
GuruFocus Interactive Charts now support more than 100 series of data for each company. Selecting from among this large series will be time-consuming. But you can simply type the keywords in the search box, and only the related series will be displayed.
Please see the screenshot below for the search box:
With one click, you can overlap the recession periods with other financial charts of stocks. The screenshot below shows the checkbox for U.S. Recession. The grey areas display the recessions in 2001 and 2008.
The stock in display is Chico’s (NYSE:CHS), an apparel retailer. Clearly its sales and income declined dramatically during the 2008 recession. Its stock prices also collapsed then. Interestingly, the 2008 recession was also the best time to buy the stock.
User-Defined Chart Settings
With one click you can load pre-defined g chart settings and draw the charts. We provide a few pre-existing settings. You can also save your chart settings, and load it later in one click. The screenshot is below:
After you create a chart, you can save the chart settings and load it up for any other stocks later in one click.
We have also created a few Pre-defined charts:
1. Peter Lynch chart
2. P/S valuation bands
3. Income Statement
4. Balance Sheet
5. GDP/GNP chart
The screenshot above is “P/S valuation bands.” This chart is very useful when analyzing cyclical companies. It is usually good to buy a company when it is traded at close to historical low P/S ratios.
Economic Data and Indicators
We have also added the economic data to the Interactive Charts so that you can overlap economic data with company data. The best way to display this data is to use the top search box.
We have also created dedicated pages for economic data and indicators. It covers everything from GDP, GNP, to unemployment rate, PMI, CPI, etc.
All charts can be exported into a JPG file, and can be embedded on websites and blogs. You can even earn affiliate commissions by embedding these charts. You affiliate code is already in the links of the charts. You can sign up for the GuruFocus affiliate program and check your earnings here.