CEO, Chairman, and 10% Owner of OPKO Health Inc (NYSE:OPK) Phillip Frost bought 46,000 shares at an average price of $8.73. The total transaction amount was $402,180.
OPKO Health Inc. was originally incorporated in Delaware in October 1991 under the name Cytoclonal Pharmaceutics, Inc. OPKO Health Inc has a market cap of $3.57 billion; its shares were traded at around $8.63 with and P/S ratio of 37.60. OPKO Health Inc had an annual average earnings growth of 4.40% over the past 10 years.
Phillip Frost has successfully founded several pharmaceutical companies and has served as OPKO’s CEO and chairman since March 2007. Prior to joining OPKO, he worked at Continucare Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corp, and Acquisition Corp.
OPKO Health Inc. announced their 2014 first quarter financial results. The company reported revenues of $22.3 million and net loss of $45.1 million.
- Warning! GuruFocus has detected 5 Warning Signs with OPK. Click here to check it out.
- OPK 15-Year Financial Data
- The intrinsic value of OPK
- Peter Lynch Chart of OPK
GuruFocus guru George Soros (Trades, Portfolio) increased his position in OPKO Health Inc. He owns 1,494,800 shares. Mario Gabelli (Trades, Portfolio), who owns 15,000 shares, kept his position in the company unchanged or slightly adjusted.
CEO & Chairman, 10% Owner Phillip Frost bought 116,000 shares of OPK stock in July. Vice Chairman & CTO Jane Ph D Hsiao and Executive VP-Administration Steven D Rubin sold 209,300 shares of OPK stock in April and January.
- CEO Buys, CFO Buys: Stocks that are bought by their CEO/CFOs.
- Insider Cluster Buys: Stocks that multiple company officers and directors have bought.
- Double Buys:: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying
- Triple Buys: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying, and Company is buying back.