Michael Dell (Trades, Portfolio), the founder, CEO and chairman of the board for Dell Technologies (NYSE:DVMT), purchased 24,807 shares for $28.84 per share on Feb. 13, according to a Form 4 filing by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Dell is an American multinational information technology corporation that designs, develops, manufactures, markets, sells and supports products and services through its four business groups: Client Solutions, Enterprise Solutions Group, Dell Software Group and Dell Services.
The company was founded on Sept. 7, 2016 after Dell announced the merger with EMC Corp. for $67 billion. It is the highest-valued tech acquisition in history. At the time of the acquisition Dell Technologies became the world’s largest privately controlled tech company.
Dell Technologies has a market cap of $14.03 billion, an enterprise value of $14.03 billion, a price-earnings (P/E) ratio of 4.99 and a price-sales (P/S) ratio of 0.65.
According to GuruFocus, Dell Technologies has a 5 out of 10 financial strength rating with a with an equity-asset ratio of 0.03. The Altman Z-Score of 3.26 indicates the company is in the safe zone and is not in any danger of filing for bankruptcy.
Dell Technologies has a 3 out of 10 profitability and growth rating with an operating margin of -1.04%, a net margin of -0.27%, a return on equity (ROE) of -6.04% and a return on assets (ROA) of -0.55%.
Dell Technologies has gained a significant amount of momentum since the end of the fourth quarter, gaining an estimated 27% in market price.
Leon Cooperman (Trades, Portfolio), George Soros (Trades, Portfolio), Eric Mindich (Trades, Portfolio), Daniel Loeb (Trades, Portfolio), Paul Tudor Jones (Trades, Portfolio), Leucadia National (Trades, Portfolio), Dodge & Cox, and PRIMECAP Management added to their stakes in Dell Technologies during the fourth quarter.
Disclosure: Author does not own any shares of this company.
Start a free seven-day trial of Premium Membership to GuruFocus.
- Michael Dell Undervalued Stocks
- Michael Dell Top Growth Companies
- Michael Dell High Yield stocks, and
- Stocks that Michael Dell keeps buying
- Leon Cooperman Undervalued Stocks
- Leon Cooperman Top Growth Companies
- Leon Cooperman High Yield stocks, and
- Stocks that Leon Cooperman keeps buying
- George Soros Undervalued Stocks
- George Soros Top Growth Companies
- George Soros High Yield stocks, and
- Stocks that George Soros keeps buying
- Eric Mind Undervalued Stocks
- Eric Mind Top Growth Companies
- Eric Mind High Yield stocks, and
- Stocks that Eric Mind keeps buying