Company featured in 5G for IoT applications and use cases keynote alongside Intel, Qualcomm
WILMINGTON, Del., March 27, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ahead of the companyâs participation in the debut Enterprise IoT Summit in Austin, TX (March 28 and 29), Jim Nolan, InterDigitalâs Executive Vice President, IoT Solutions, has a clear message: responsible and intelligent deployment of IoT technologies, particularly in Smart Cities, requires the adoption of standard-based solutions.
âWhether itâs through the adoption of established standards like oneM2Mâ¢ or the increasing role of 5G technologies that address Massive Machine-Type Communications, responsible deployment of technology requires the future-proofing and guaranteed interoperability that standards are designed to drive,â said Mr. Nolan. âA study by Machina Research last year showed that, in Smart Cities alone, deployments could squander $341 billion, or 30% of the cost of implementation, if they adopt non-standard solutions. In an area where so much spending will be driven by publicly-funded infrastructure development, itâs essentially a matter of responsible government to make a standards-driven technology choice. In other areas of IoT, which the World Economic Forum states could comprise two thirds of global GDP over the next decade, that 30% savings is just good economic and business sense.â
- Warning! GuruFocus has detected 1 Warning Sign with IDCC. Click here to check it out.
- IDCC 15-Year Financial Data
- The intrinsic value of IDCC
- Peter Lynch Chart of IDCC
InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC), a mobile technology research and development company, will participate in a keynote panel at the Enterprise IoT Summit, at the Palmer Events Center, Austin, TX. The keynote titled, â5G for IoT Applications and Use Casesâ, led by Dan Meyer, RCR Wireless News Editor-in-Chief, will bring together the following industry leaders:
- Caroline Chan, General Manager, 5G Infrastructure Division, Intel;
- Neville Meijers, Vice President, Business Development, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.;
- Nadine Manjaro, Lead IoT Consultant, InterDigital;
- Peter DeNagy, President, Acommence Advisors and Tri-Chair, Tech Titans IoT Forum; and
- Jake MacLeod, President and CEO, GreyBeards Consulting.
The keynote panel session will take place on Tuesday, March 28th from 11:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. In addition to the keynote panel session, InterDigital will participate in the following panel discussions on Tuesday, March 28th:
- âSmart Building â Solutions for Retail, Small Business, and Large Office Spaces,â will feature Dr. Vanja Subotic, Director, InterDigital, and Nader Nanjiani, Marketing Director, Harman in Meeting Room 2 from 2:30 P.M. to 3:15 P.M.
- âHow Do Cities Monetize Data,â featuring Jennifer Sanders, Executive Director, Dallas Innovation Alliance; D. Brent Messer, CIO, Chattanooga.Gov; and Dr. Vanja Subotic, Director, InterDigital in Meeting Room 1 from 4:30 P.M. to 5:15 P.M.
The Enterprise IoT Summit is a two-day conference aimed at professionals tasked with digitally transforming their enterprise by leveraging IoT technologies. The conference agenda is filled with in-depth presentations, use cases and workshops that cover oil and gas, healthcare, manufacturing, smart cars, smart cities and more.
Attendees of Enterprise IoT Summit can learn more about InterDigital IoT Solutions at Stand 115.
InterDigital develops mobile technologies that are at the core of devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry's most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world's leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P MidCap 400® index.
InterDigital is a registered trademark of InterDigital, Inc.
oneM2M is a trademark of the Partners Type 1 of oneM2M.
For more information, visit www.interdigital.com.
InterDigital Contact: Patrick Van de Wille Email: [email protected] 1 (858) 210-4814