Avis Budget Group Inc. is a leading provider of vehicle rental services with operations in more than seventy countries. Through its Avis and Budget brands the company is the largest general-use vehicle rental company in each of North America Australia New Zealand and certain other regions. Avis Budget Group is headquartered in Parsippany N.J. Avis is a leading supplier to the premium commercial and leisure segments of the travel industry and Budget is a leading supplier to price-conscious car rental segments. Avis Budget Group maintains the leading share of airport car rental revenue and we operate the second largest consumer truck rental business in the United States. The company generate significant benefits from operating two distinctive car rental brands targeting different market segments but share the same fleet maintenance facilities technology and administrative infrastructure Avis Budget Group Inc. has a market cap of $1.08 billion; its shares were traded at around $10.61 with and P/S ratio of 0.2.
CAR is in the portfolios of Charles Brandes of Brandes Investment.
Recent Trades of Avis Budget Group Inc. by Directors and Officers:
- Buy: Director Lynn Krominga bought 12,500 shares of CAR stock on 05/21/2009 at the average price of $3.95; the price of the stock has increased by 168.61% since.
- Buy: Director Martin L Edelman bought 25,000 shares of CAR stock on 03/12/2009 at the average price of $0.43; the price of the stock has increased by 2367.44% since.
- Buy: Director Mary C Choksi bought 25,000 shares of CAR stock on 03/05/2009 at the average price of $0.38; the price of the stock has increased by 2692.11% since.
- Sell: SVP, Chief Accounting Officer Brett Weinblatt sold 1,500 shares of CAR stock on 08/06/2009 at the average price of $9.19; the price of the stock has increased by 15.45% since.
- Sell: SVP, Chief Accounting Officer Brett Weinblatt sold 3,000 more shares of CAR stock on 05/12/2009 at the average price of $3.65; the price of the stock has increased by 190.68% since.