AboveNet Inc. together with its subsidiaries provides bandwidth fiber optic communications infrastructure and co-location services to communications carriers and corporate and government customers primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom. Its private optical network delivers key network and IP services in and among 15 major U.S. metro markets and London. AboveNet\'s network is widely used in demanding markets such as financial services media health care retail and government. The Company provides lit broadband services over its metro networks long haul network and global IP network utilizing equipment that it owns and operates. In addition it also provides dark fiber services to customers. Formerly known as Metromedia Fiber Network Inc. the company is based in White Plains New York with an additional office in London the United Kingdom..
Recent Trades of Abovenet Inc. by Directors and Officers:
- Buy: Director Michael J Embler bought 2,000 shares of ABVT stock on 05/13/2009 at the average price of $59.99; the price of the stock has increased by 55.36% since.
- Sell: SVP and General Counsel Robert J Sokota sold 8,250 shares of ABVT stock on 08/14/2009 at the average price of $94.12; the price of the stock has decreased by 0.98% since.
- Sell: SVP of Sales and Marketing John Jacquay sold 32,000 shares of ABVT stock on 08/12/2009 at the average price of $89.97; the price of the stock has increased by 3.59% since.
- CEO Buys, CFO Buys: Stocks that are bought by their CEO/CFOs.
- Insider Cluster Buys: Stocks that multiple company officers and directors have bought.
- Double Buys:: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying
- Triple Buys: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying, and Company is buying back.