In order to encourage value investors to share their investment ideas and research on GuruFocus.com with their value peers, GuruFocus is looking for writers to participate in our new Writer Compensation Program.
What will you do?
1. Write articles about value investing strategies and research, e.g., Making the Fluctuations Pay
2. Write an in-depth analysis of a company.
3. Write about specific positions in Gurus’ portfolios, e.g. Valuating Berkshire Hathaway Holdings: General Electric Company (GE)
4. Write notes and key points of Gurus video interviews, shareholder letters, book reviews, etc., e.g., Warren Buffett MBA Talk at University of Florida.
5. Respond to users' comments to your articles in all of the above.
How will you be compensated?
- Warren Buffett Recent Buys
- Warren Buffett's Current Portfolio
- This Powerful Chart Made Peter Lynch 29% A Year For 13 Years
Update on June 3, 2015
In order to improve the quality of the articles we have made a few policy changes. Instead of the minimum $10 per articles for exclusive articles, the minimum is now $0. This means that the articles that do not get good pageviews/rating will not be paid even if they are exclusive.
New authors, please get pre-approval before you qualify for payment. Please send in your resume, which must include a public profile of yours like LinkedIn.
No authors should submit more than two articles a day. Any submission over two articles will not be paid.
The payment is made usually within the first two business days of each month. Please do not contact us within the first three days of each month for payment. Sending request will only slow the process down.
Updated on Jan. 23, 2012
How to get paid more per article? The best way to get paid more per article is to write good articles. GuruFocus appreciates deep analysis of companies. Writing quick idea articles without analysis does not add value to readers, and those articles will not be paid much.
If you are a US resident, please download W9 form. Fill, sign, scan and email to gurufocus AT gurufocus.com. If you are not a US resident, please download W8 form. Fill, sign, scan and email to gurufocus AT gurufocus.com.
We will not be able to make payments without these IRS required tax documents.
Why would you want to participate in the Writer Compensation Program?
1. You love to write, and you want to share.
2. Instead of writing on an isolated blog somewhere on the Internet, you can gain immediate exposure of your thoughts and research work to the more than 25,000 visitors a day.
3. Your articles will be syndicated by Google News, Google Finance, Yahoo News, AOL Finance, etc. Your articles will be exposed to the users on those sites and gain immediate attention.
4. Build reputation on the Internet and in the value investing world.
5. Generate a constant meaningful amount of cashflow for yourself. The more you write, the more money you will make. The better you write, the more money you will make.
6. If you have a website you want to promote, a link will be posted on your article pages which will link to your site.
1. All articles submitted to GuruFocus are exclusive to GuruFocus and your site only. Any other publications of these articles require the written permission of GuruFocus.com. The fixed payment applies if the articles are published on GuruFocus only.
2. Your articles will not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, rights to publicity or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
3. All submissions and publications are subject to GuruFocus Editorial guidelines, and GuruFocus may edit, modify, or remove these articles before or after publications.
4. Since you are paid by Google Adsense program, you agree to Google AdSenseTM Online Standard Terms and Conditions and Google AdSense Programme Policies. Edit: We don't place Adsense code any more. Authors are only paid by the payment from us. So no Adsense code is needed. (updated on March 18, 2016)
Interested candidates please submit your articles. Please indicate your interest and send us a short bio of yourself (include a link to your website if you want to), your Google AdSense code for 728x90 ads, and your picture to [email protected]
We pay monthly, on the first business day of each month. We pay through check or PayPal.
Please let us know your PayPal account email address if you have a PayPal account. You can let us know it here.
If you have not done so, a Freelance Agreement needs to be signed, scanned and emailed to gurufocus (AT) gurufocus.com. You can download it here.
Honor and Acknowledgment:
Once you start publishing articles on GuruFocus, you are eligible to display a "GuruFocus Columnist Icon" on your own website.
Copy and past this code to your website: