Senior VP & CFO of SurModics Inc. (NASDAQ:SRDX) Philip D Ankeny sells 5,000 shares of SRDX on 10/06/2009 at an average price of $29.75 a share.
SurModics Inc. is a leading provider of surface modification technologies in the areas of biocompatibility site specific drug delivery biological cell encapsulation and medical diagnostics. SurModics partners with the world's foremost medical device pharmaceutical and life science companies to bring innovation together for better patient outcomes. Recent collaborative efforts include the implementation of SurModics' Bravo drug delivery polymer matrix as a key component of the first-to-market drug-eluting coronary stent. SurModics is also active in the ophthalmology market with a sustained drug delivery system that is currently in human trials for treatment of retinal disease. A significant portion of SurModics' revenue is generated by royalties earned from the sale of our customers' commercial products. Surmodics Inc. has a market cap of $526.5 million; its shares were traded at around $30.13 with a P/E ratio of 27 and P/S ratio of 5.5. Surmodics Inc. had an annual average earning growth of 41.3% over the past 10 years.
SRDX is in the portfolios of PRIMECAP Management.
Recent Trades of SurModics Inc. by Directors and Officers:
- Sell: VP & Gen Mgr - Cardiovascular Charles W Olson sold 8,980 shares of SRDX stock on 05/19/2009 at the average price of $20.31; the price of the stock has increased by 48.35% since.
- CEO Buys, CFO Buys: Stocks that are bought by their CEO/CFOs.
- Insider Cluster Buys: Stocks that multiple company officers and directors have bought.
- Double Buys:: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying
- Triple Buys: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying, and Company is buying back.