As our readers read the Berkshire Hathaway Meeting notes and watch the videos, it is time for us to have our contest again: What stocks did Warren Buffett buy for Berkshire Hathaway?
In the fourth quarter of 2009, Warren Buffett did not start new positions. He added to his existing positions in Wells Fargo (WFC), Republic Services (RSG), Iron Mountain (IRM) and Wal Mart (WMT). Did he start any new positions? What else did he buy as the market are about 70% higher than it was a year ago?
We would like to invite everyone to participate this contest. The winners will each win a copy of great investment book selecting from this list:
• Joel Greenblatt: The little Book that Beat the Market
• Joel Greenblatt: You Can be a Stock Market Genius
• Benjamin Graham: The Intelligent Investor
• Martin Whitman: The Aggressive Conservative Investor
• Peter Lynch: Beating the Street
• Peter Lynch: One Up on Wall Street
• David Dreman: Contrarian Investment Strategies in the Next Generation
• The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life
• Mohnish Pabrai: Dhandho Investor
Registered users may participate this contest by entering up to 3 stock symbols into the comment area of this post. Also state briefly the reasons for your guesses. If more than 3 symbols are entered, only the first three will be counted. The deadline for this contest will be when Warren Buffett releases information of Berkshire 's holdings, which will be in two weeks. Write your answer to the comment area. If you are not registered, you need to register to participate.