Over the years we have gotten a lot of requests from our subscribers to add different investors to our List of Gurus. Our users also want to apply the GuruFocus Premium Platform to the investors that are not tracked on GuruFocus. The demand has been strong and we certainly cannot add all of them. We don’t want to disappoint our subscribers and would love to make our platform available to them so that they can follow their favorite investors and generate profitable ideas. This has pushed us to develop our Premium PLUS (P+) membership.
Manual of Stocks
Then he said in 2005:Â “Yes, I would still say the same thing today. In fact, we are still earning those types of returns on some of our smaller investments. The best decade was the 1950s; I was earning 50% plus returns with small amounts of capital. I could do the same thing today with smaller amounts.”
In order to help our subscribers find the companies that are “way off the map,” GuruFocus developed theÂ Manual of Stocks, which aims to cover every stock traded worldwide. Currently it covers all of the 78,000+ stocks.
GuruFocus' Manual of Stocks covers each company in one page. It consists of all of the key valuation parameters, financial indicators such as profitability and financial strength, dividends, and the last 10 years of financial data. You can download aÂ Free Sample here.
You can now backtesting your investing strategies with GuruFocus PremiumPlus membership. The backtesting data is available starting 2006.Â
- Under the “Backtesting” tab, you can set up your backtesting parameters:
- The year you want to start the backtesting (up to 3 years for Premium Members and 10 years for PremiumPlus Members.)
- The frequency you want to rebalance the portfolio (quarterly, semi-annually, and annually)
- How you want to rank the list with, only the filters you selected are available for the ranking
- In which order to rank the list
- Up to how many stocks you want to have in the testing portfolio
- The results of the backtesting will be displayed after the calculation is finished. You can see the annual and overall performances of strategy from the “Performance” tab. You can also check out the historical holdings from the “Results” tab.
Excel User-Defined Functions
We are very pleased to announce that we have released GuruFocus Excel User-Defined Functions. This function is called GURUF. GURUF works just like existing Excel functions such as SUM, COUNT, etc., but is much more powerful. With GURUF you can call and get all the historical financial data and key statistics data of more than 70,000 stocks that are traded on the world markets.
With GURUF function, you will be able to create your proprietary methods of looking at ownership and financial information via spreadsheets. Updating the spreadsheets is just one mouse click.
If you have not done so, please come toÂ GuruFocus Excel Add-in pageÂ to download GuruFocus Excel Add-in. After that, please follow these steps to activate GURUF:
- Open Excel and log in to GuruFocus Excel Add-In. There will be a new tab with a button that says "Insert Guru Functions." Please see the screenshot below:
- Click on the button. It will download the new Excel User-Defined Functions from GuruFocus’ website. Then click "OK" to install. Please click "OK" for all test steps.
- Close Excel. When you restart, the functions should be ready.
- Click on "Login" again to log in your account.
- Type in any cell "=GURUF("AAPL","price")" and you should get the current price for AAPL stock.
Track All 13F Filers
Our Premium PLUS (P+) membership tracks the trades and portfolios of all the institutional investors that file 13F and 13D/13G forms. There are 4000+ of them and you can check out the list here. At the Premium Plus level all of the GuruFocus tools can be applied to the portfolios of the 4000+ investors. Subscribers can now build their Personalized List of Gurus out of a much bigger universe of investors, follow their trades and portfolios on GuruFocus or through email alerts, and combine their portfolios with other GuruFocus tools to generate the most profitable ideas.
These are some of the features:
- Trades, portfolios and trading history
- Consensus picks
- Activist actions
- Combinations with other GuruFocus fundamental screeners
- Email alerts, etc.
You can add any of them into your Personalized List of Gurus. You can also filter by their assets under management, portfolio turnover and portfolio concentration.
An Excel Add-In has been made available to subscribers to do fully customized research. All GuruFocus data can be downloaded to Excel through the Add-In. Research templates are built into the Add-In, and users can create fully customized calculations and charting tools based on the templates we provide.
This makes it very easy to check out the aggregated portfolios of multiple investors. It is ideal for investors who love to do research. It will be very convenient for family office operations and funds of funds to track the aggregated portfolios of a group of hedge funds and mutual funds.
Users can also put their own portfolios in the Add-In, and the results can be saved. One click on the “refresh” button will get the latest data from GuruFocus, and your calculations and charts will be updated with the latest data. You can check it out here.
We have also developed an API which allows you to dynamically pull data from our website. This will make it possible for you to combine GuruFocus data with your models.
You can check it out here.
These are some of the features that come with Premium PLUS membership, in addition to the Premium features. To compare Premium PLUS vs. Premium, please click here.
If you are not a subscriber yet, you are invited to take a 7-day FREE Trial. If you are not satisfied and cancel within 30 days of the subscription, you will get a full refund.