1. How to use GuruFocus - Tutorials
  2. What Is in the GuruFocus Premium Membership?
  3. A DIY Guide on How to Invest Using Guru Strategies
10qk
GuruFocus
Articles

GURUF Mac Version Is Released: New Feature Announcement

Installation manual is here

August 08, 2017

We are very pleased to announce that we have developed the MAC version of user-defined-function GURUF. At this point we are still working on improving the function. Please feel free to give us feedback in the comment area of the article.

This is the installation manual. Version 1.0.0.1

1. Installation Instructions

1.1. Install GuruFocus Excel Add-in

Go to this link http://www.gurufocus.com/excel_Add_in.php and click the large download button (GURUF For Mac)

1.2. Import GURUF_MAC.xlam

After you successfully download the GURUF for Mac, open excel -> new blank sheet -> tool -> Excel add-ins.

Then you come to this screen:

Click ‘Browse’ button, find the GURUF_MAC.xlam which you just downloaded.

Then you need to activate GURUF add-in:

After it is done, you will see ‘GuruFocus Beta’ tab.

1.3. Unlock GURUF

There is the last thing you need to do before you use GURUF, unlock GURUF. Click ‘Unlock GURUF’.

Click on "Get Your Token", copy your token, and click ‘Paste’. (use command + V may not work at this time)

And click start.

During this process, GURUF_MAC may grant access to some files, follow the steps to grant access, those files are used to store some data relate to GURUF.

Functions Instructions

2.1 Insert GURUFinsert

If you are a user of GURUF for Windows, you will take advantage of it quickly. Click Insert GURUF, there will be a pop up window shown as below.

Ticker and Calculation is required. You can search Calculation by inputting key words in Calculation combo Box. The picture shows all calculations which are related to key word ‘price’.

Besides, you can see the function preview in GURUF preview panel. After you finish all desired parameters, Click OK, the correct GURUF will be inserted to the selected cell.

2.2. Expand All Functions

Since Excel is not smart enough to resize an array function automatically, we make this function to expand your array formulas (Array formula’s result is occupied with more than 1 cell). For example, the above picture has array formula. After you click ‘Expand All Functions’, the result shown below.

2.3. Check Updates

If there is an update available, there will be a notification for it.

The latest version will be downloaded to your local drive, and you can replace the add-in by yourself. The process is same as  1.2

GURUF works for Premium and PremiumPlus members only. Premium members have up to 2000 function calls a month, and PremiumPlus members have unlimited function calls. If you are not a subscriber of GuruFocus, we invited you for a Free 7-day trial.

Have fun!

GuruFocus
Charlie Tian, Ph.D. - Founder of GuruFocus. You can now order his book Invest Like a Guru on Amazon.

Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote)

Voters:

Comments

dementor
Dementor premium member - 2 months ago

Doesn't work for me.... Keeps crashing and formula variables are not being picked up.

ZhenyuChen
ZhenyuChen premium member - 2 months ago

@Dementor Hi, what kind of error message did you get? Can you please describe it in detail?

dcwill43
Dcwill43 premium member - 2 months ago

All I get is a compile error when I try to click ok after selecting the addin. The addin appears as GuruFocus.mac.xlam. After selecting it and clicking ok I get the compiler error. Tried it three times

ZhenyuChen
ZhenyuChen premium member - 2 months ago

@Dcwill43 premium member Did you follow the manual to register this add-in? You can open a ticket to us, and send some error screenshots. Then we can go further. https://www.gurufocus.com/ticket/open.php

dcwill43
Dcwill43 premium member - 2 months ago

The manual says to download it. Then find and activate it. Finally to unlock it with a token. I never get to fully activate it before the compiler error. As soon as I click ok after finding the downloaded file I get the error. Also my screen for excel add-ins does not have the browse button. It says select. Maybe my version of excel is different.

ZhenyuChen
ZhenyuChen premium member - 2 months ago

@Dcwill43 premium member We have a new version released, you can download it and see if there still exists the same problem.

liuherms
Liuherms premium member - 2 months ago

Neither works for me, keeps saying cannot complie.

afosisa
Afosisa premium member - 2 months ago

I am unable to load GURUF for Mac. I am running Xcel for Mac 2011. When I go to look at my Add-Ins I do not have a choose button. I cannot load GURUF since I cannot choose it. Any ideas as to how I can continue?

Beautyspin
Beautyspin - 1 month ago    Report SPAM

The heading implies that there is windows version available or am I reading it wrong? If so, where can I find it, Please?

Performances of the stocks mentioned by GuruFocus

User Generated Screeners