Switch to:
Alkermes PLC  (NAS:ALKS) Total Assets: $1,731.3 Mil (As of Jun. 2017)

Alkermes PLC's total assets for the quarter that ended in Jun. 2017 was $1,731.3 Mil.

Warning Sign:

If a company builds asset at 26.2% a year, faster than its revenue growth rate of 16.3% over the past 5 years, it means that the company may be getting less efficent.

During the past 12 months, Alkermes PLC's average Total Assets Growth Rate was 11.20% per year. During the past 3 years, the average Total Assets Growth Rate was -0.50% per year. During the past 5 years, the average Total Assets Growth Rate was 26.20% per year. During the past 10 years, the average Total Assets Growth Rate was 26.70% per year.

During the past 13 years, Alkermes PLC's highest 3-Year average Total Assets Growth Rate was 74.70%. The lowest was -37.10%. And the median was 12.55%.

Total Assets is connected with ROA %. Alkermes PLC's annualized ROA % for the quarter that ended in Jun. 2017 was -9.94%. Total Assets is also linked to Revenue through Asset Turnover. Alkermes PLC's Asset Turnover for the quarter that ended in Jun. 2017 was 0.13.


Historical Data

* All numbers are in millions except for per share data and ratio. All numbers are in their local exchange's currency.

* Premium members only.

Alkermes PLC Annual Data

Mar07 Mar08 Mar09 Mar10 Mar11 Mar12 Mar13 Dec14 Dec15 Dec16
Total Assets Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only 1,435.22 1,470.29 1,919.06 1,855.74 1,726.42

Alkermes PLC Quarterly Data

Sep12 Dec12 Mar13 Jun13 Sep13 Dec13 Mar14 Jun14 Sep14 Dec14 Mar15 Jun15 Sep15 Dec15 Mar16 Jun16 Sep16 Dec16 Mar17 Jun17
Total Assets Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only Premium Member Only 1,785.29 1,707.38 1,726.42 1,729.83 1,731.34

Competitive Comparison
* Competitive companies are chosen from companies within the same industry, with headquarter located in same country, with closest market capitalization; x-axis shows the market cap, and y-axis shows the term value; the bigger the dot, the larger the market cap.


Calculation

Total assets are all the assets a company owns.

From the capital sources of the assets, some of the assets are funded through shareholder's paid in capital and retained earnings of the business. Others are funded through borrowed money.

Alkermes PLC's Total Assets for the fiscal year that ended in Dec. 2016 is calculated as

Total Assets=Total Equity (A: Dec. 2016 )+Total Liabilities (A: Dec. 2016 )
=1209.481+516.942
=1,726.4

Alkermes PLC's Total Assets for the quarter that ended in Jun. 2017 is calculated as

Total Assets=Total Equity (Q: Jun. 2017 )+Total Liabilities (Q: Jun. 2017 )
=1202.087+529.256
=1,731.3

* All numbers are in millions except for per share data and ratio. All numbers are in their local exchange's currency.


Explanation

Total Assets is connected with Return on Assets.

{COMPANY->company}'s annualized ROA % for the quarter that ended in Jun. 2017 is

ROA %=Net Income (Q: Jun. 2017 )/( (Total Assets (Q: Mar. 2017 )+Total Assets (Q: Jun. 2017 ))/ 2 )
=-171.996/( (1729.827+1731.343)/ 2 )
=-171.996/1730.585
=-9.94 %

Note: The Net Income data used here is four times the quarterly (Jun. 2017) net income data.

In the article Joining The Dark Side: Pirates, Spies and Short Sellers, James Montier reported that In their US sample covering the period 1968-2003, Cooper et al find that firms with low asset growth outperformed firms with high asset growth by an astounding 20% p.a. equally weighted. Even when controlling for market, size and style, low asset growth firms outperformed high asset growth firms by 13% p.a. Therefore a company with fast asset growth may underperform.

Total Assets is linked to total revenue through Asset Turnover.

Alkermes PLC's Asset Turnover for the quarter that ended in Jun. 2017 is

Asset Turnover
=Sales/Average Total Assets
=Revenue (Q: Jun. 2017 )/( (Total Assets (Q: Mar. 2017 )+Total Assets (Q: Jun. 2017 ))/ 2 )
=218.841/( (1729.827+1731.343)/ 2 )
=218.841/1730.585
=0.13

* All numbers are in millions except for per share data and ratio. All numbers are in their local exchange's currency.

Therefore, if a company grows its assets faster than its sales, the asset turnover will decline. This might be a warning sign for the business.

Related Terms


Headlines

No Headline

Get WordPress Plugins for easy affiliate links on Stock Tickers and Guru Names | Earn affiliate commissions by embedding GuruFocus Charts
GuruFocus Affiliate Program: Earn up to $400 per referral. ( Learn More)

GF Chat

{{numOfNotice}}
FEEDBACK