Senior investment professionals at Brandes Investment Partners respond to current questions from clients and candidly discuss our process, holdings, and performance of Brandes portfolios. Below is a list of the topics discussed:
· What are the portfolios’ greatest strengths and where are we finding value? (4:35)
· With interest rates at historic lows, what types of companies might be best positioned to outperform over the next five years?(2:42)
· What do higher correlations among asset classes and individual stocks mean for investors? (2:59)
· What investment strategies should investors consider during a sideways market? (2:41)
· Are we in a bond bubble? What are some current misconceptions about fixed income investing? (2:41)
· What does a weakening dollar mean to companies we invest in, both in the United States and abroad? (3:36)
· Does the recent increase in dividend yields send a positive signal to investors about balance sheets and valuations? (3:39)
· What is our view on companies in the Financials sector? (2:18)
· How does Brandes’ approach to investing in emerging markets differ from our competitors? (4:24)
· Given the dramatic run in emerging markets, do we still see potential moving forward? (4:38)
Watch the video by following this link. It is the first one presentation in the bunch.
GuruFocus tracks Brandes Investment Partners’ stock portfolio under Charles Brandes.