· What are the portfolios’ greatest strengths and where are we finding value? (4:35)
· With interest rates at historic lows, what types of companies might be best positioned to outperform over the next five years?(2:42)
· What do higher correlations among asset classes and individual stocks mean for investors? (2:59)
· What investment strategies should investors consider during a sideways market? (2:41)
· Are we in a bond bubble? What are some current misconceptions about fixed income investing? (2:41)
· What does a weakening dollar mean to companies we invest in, both in the United States and abroad? (3:36)
· Does the recent increase in dividend yields send a positive signal to investors about balance sheets and valuations? (3:39)
· What is our view on companies in the Financials sector? (2:18)
· How does Brandes’ approach to investing in emerging markets differ from our competitors? (4:24)
· Given the dramatic run in emerging markets, do we still see potential moving forward? (4:38)
Watch the video by following this link. It is the first one presentation in the bunch.
GuruFocus tracks Brandes Investment Partners’ stock portfolio under Charles Brandes.
About the author:
Mr. Huebscher is the founder and CEO of Advisor Perspectives, a web site and newsletter that provides investment strategy analysis for financial advisors and wealth managers. In 1982, he founded the investment software division of Thomson Financial, where he created the PORTIA product, a portfolio management system for institutional investors. In 1990, he founded Hub Data, a market data redistribution service, which he sold to Advent Software in 1998. He has also worked in the account aggregation field, as a consultant to both vendors and wealth managers. He is a graduate of the Harvard Business School (1982) and Connecticut College (1976).