March Value Idea Contest Submissions
1. Microsoft: Quality Tech Stock on Sale by Victor Riesco
2. Small Pharma Big Value- HI-tech Pharmacal by bjm1625
3. March Value Idea Contest: Berkshire Hathaway by Alex Morris
4. Dolby Labs: The Kings of Immersive Audio Selling at a Discount by Bill Smith
5. Coinstar: Deep Value and Exceptional Growth by afardshi
6. Full House Resorts, an underfollowed small cap with strong earnings and a low valuation by Frogs Kiss
7. Wendy's/Arby's: Business Analysis & Valuation by Rishi Gosalia
8. IDT Corporation - Lots of Hidden Gems by Mariusz Skonieczny
9. Medtronic Inc: two strong drivers of future growth. by graemew
10. Markel Corp - Conservative Value by Toddius
11. Interval Leisure: An Undervalued Stock with a Catalyst by Jacob Wolinsky
Please read these analyses and let us know your opinion on the quality of the value ideas. Winners will be announced at the beginning of April.
All submissions will be evaluated in the area of Business Quality, Financial Strength, Proven Management Capability, Undervalued, Presentation, Readers' Rating and Comments. Each criteria has a 1-5 rating.
How to Get a Higher Score?
Two factors are considered for the scores. The quality of the analysis itself and the quality of the area that is analyzed. An example here, if the company has very good management, AND you prove clearly with your analysis, you get higher rating. If the company does have good management, but you fail to convince the readers, you still get low points.
What if you did not win?
Since we can only have two winners each month, it is obvious that not every one call win. You will still be paid $50 if the research is published on GuruFocus exclusively. Please continue to participate for the coming months, and you will have chance to win.
Furthermore, this contest may help you to do more research in the stocks you own or want to buy. The reward from investing in the stock will be much higher than the prize here.
If you have not, please submit your best value ideas.