A Rare Treat – Passport Capital’s John Burbank on Bloomberg
Below is him on Bloomberg. A summary of his comments are:
- Oil prices are a big problem.
- Central bank easing helps the Saudi market which is where Burbank has 15% of Passport’s capital invested, obviously a bullish bet on oil.
- Doesn’t see oil stopping until the economy breaks.
- Average consumer has had flat income for 10 years but costs keep increasing.
- Has been invested in Saudi Arabia for about three years and it is very difficult to get access to.
- Can’t buy Saudi stocks directly, but the Saudi market is trading at 11 times earnings with a 5% yield.