What does Yacktman think is currently attractive:
- If you look at high quality companies as bonds instead of stocks (I think he is simply referring to the size of the dividends) Yacktman thinks you will see a lot of value given the predictability of earnings.
- Pepsi (NYSE:PEP), Proctor and Gamble (NYSE:PG), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Newscorp (NASDAQ:NWS) make his attractive list.
- Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) are cheap, which is why he now owns them and 30 years ago he wouldn’t have dreamed of it.
- Doesn’t own Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) because he doesn’t think it is cheap. He thinks that because the sustainability of Apple’s profit margins are a given.
- Pepsi has a dividend yield above a 30 year Treasury that is growing. To him that looks like a Triple-A bond.