To qualify for the contest, your submission must follow these rules:
1. The idea must be well researched. Your analysis must cover at least these areas:
a. Company history and business
b. Financial strength
2. It is recommended that you follow the format of past winners. An example is this month’s winner here: Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Now DJCO Is a Present
3. The stock must be traded in the US, although it can be a foreign company.
4. We will evaluate each submission in the seven areas on 1-5 scale:
a. Business Quality
b. Financial Strength
d. Analytical Depth
g. Readers' comments and authors' responses.
5. The writing is exclusive to GuruFocus. But you can post an abstract at other places and link to the full article on GuruFocus.
6. The same idea has not been submitted for the contest by others within the previous 6 months.
7. The investment ideas must be long term value oriented. Long only.
1. The submissions that follows the above rules will receive $25 in writer’s compensation
2. Those scored 26 or above will be awarded $100. There is no limit on the number of awards per month.
3. The stock picks of those scored 26 or above will be tracked for up to 12 months. If a pick doubled within 12 month of submission, the author will be awarded $1000 in cash.
This contest is now open. The deadline for each month’s submission is the end of the month. Please submit to win $1000.