In less than two weeks Warren Buffett will report his portfolio of Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A)(BRK.B). As a tradition, we are hosting a quarterly contest, asking our users to name the stocks Warren Buffett bought during the first quarter of 2012.
We would like to invite everyone to participate in this contest. The winners will each win a copy of a great investment book selected from this list:
- Joel Greenblatt: The Little Book That Still Beats the Market (Little Books. Big Profits)
- Joel Greenblatt: You Can Be a Stock Market Genius: Uncover the Secret Hiding Places of Stock Market Profits
- Benjamin Graham: The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing. A Book of Practical Counsel (Revised Edition)
- Martin Whitman: The Aggressive Conservative Investor
- Peter Lynch: Beating the Street
- Peter Lynch: One Up On Wall Street : How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In The Market
- Benjamin Graham: Security Analysis: The Classic 1934 Edition
- David Dreman: Contrarian Investment Strategies - The Next Generation
- The Snowball: The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life
- Howard Marks: The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor (Columbia Business School Publishing)
In the fourth quarter, Atanveer correctly guessed that the Berkshire Hathaway chairman would buy IBM (IBM), Wells Fargo (WFC) and DirecTV (DTV).
Registered users may participate in this contest by entering up to 3 stock symbols into the comment area of this post. Also state briefly the reasons for your guesses. If more than 3 symbols are entered, only the first 3 will be counted. The deadline for this contest will be when Warren Buffett releases information on Berkshire's holdings, in a few weeks.
Write your answer to the comment area. If you are not registered, you need to register to participate.
After the contest, we will announce two winners. The prize book will be sent to the winners directly from Amazon. We will host the contest again next quarter, so everyone will have another chance to win.
Make sure you do your homework! Good luck!