Emerging Markets Guru Mark Mobius Provides His Current Thoughts on Each of the BRICS
- Foreign reserves of these countries are high and their debt to GDP are low.
- One reason Mobius is optimistic on Europe is how much money in emerging markets is waiting to buy European assets.
- China is decelerating, but it is still growing at a rapid pace. The size of the economy is huge, so growth has to slow down.
- India has all kinds of corruption problems, but it is still growing at 4% or 5%.
- Brazil has a currency that is too strong and that is hurting the economy, Mobius is concerned about government forcing resource companies to give some of their assets to social problems.