This is the announcement of the results for Value Idea Contest for the submissions we received in April. With this contest you will win $1000 if your submission qualifies and doubles in 12 months from the date of submission. There is no limit on the number of prizes to be awarded.
These are the submissions from April. The articles that receive 26 points or higher will be tracked and the authors will receive $1000 if the pick doubles in 12 months. The submissions that get lower points will be paid $50 each if these writings are exclusive to GuruFocus.
|NOV - A Good Time To Buy||4||4||4||5||4||4||4||29|
|Value Idea Contest: John Wiley & Sons (NYSE:JW.A) Offers Margin of Safety||4||4||4||4||4||4||4||28|
|DIRECTV – Exceptional Execution, Diligent Capital Allocation||4||3||4||4||4||3||5||27|
|General Dynamics - A History of Value Creation||4||4||3||4||4||4||4||27|
|Value Idea Contest - CH Robinson (NASDAQ:CHRW)||4||5||4||4||3||4||3||27|
|Better Know a Company: Fresenius Medical Care (NYSE:FMS)||4||3||4||4||3||4||4||26|
|Value Idea Contest Submission - Quadracci||4||3||4||3||4||4||2||24|
|Value Idea Contest - E.ON||3||3||3||4||4||4||3||24|
|Better Know a Company: Thales (XPAR:HO)||4||4||2||4||2||4||3||23|
|Better Know a Company - Rhoen Klinikum (XTER:RHK)||4||2||4||4||2||4||3||23|
|Value Idea Contest - GDF Suez (GDFZY)||3||3||3||4||3||4||3||23|
|Value Idea Contest: Veolia, Risky and Not Very Cheap||3||2||3||4||2||3||3||20|
- Warning! GuruFocus has detected 5 Warning Signs with NOV. Click here to check it out.
- NOV 15-Year Financial Data
- The intrinsic value of NOV
- Peter Lynch Chart of NOV
These are the contest rules.
To qualify for the contest, your submission must follow these rules:
1. The idea must be well researched. Your analysis must cover at least these areas:
a. Company history and business
b. Financial strength
2. It is recommended that you follow the format of past winners. An example is this month’s winner here: Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Now DJCO Is a Present
3. We will evaluate each submission in the seven areas on 1-5 scale:
a. Business Quality
b. Financial Strength
d. Analytical Depth
4. The writing is exclusive to GuruFocus. But you can post an abstract at other places and link to the full article on GuruFocus.
5. The same idea has not been submitted for the contest by others within the previous 6 months.
1. The submissions that follows the above rules will quality at least $25 in writer’s compensation
2. Those scored 26 or above will be awarded $100. There is no limit on the number of awards per month.
3. The stock picks of those scored 26 or above will be tracked for up to 12 months. If a pick doubled within 12 month of submission, the author will be awarded $1000 in cash.
This contest is now open. The deadline for each month’s submission is the end of the month. Please submit to win $1000.