Short selling guru Jim Chanos was on CNBC. He had plenty to say which included the following observations:
- He is short HP and can't see how margins can improve given the secular headwinds facing the company.
- He plans to continue to hold his short position for the foreseeable future.
- Chanos has a long position in one "cloud" company (Workday) and is short an another unnamed "cloud" company.
- He thinks the global coal industry is going to be in tough shape as all countries shift to cheap natural gas.
MORE GURUFOCUS LINKS
WDAY STOCK PRICE CHART
- Sector Watch - Home Building: Gurus Active by Sally Jones
- Notes from Warren Buffett's Nov. 15, 2013 Meeting with University of Maryland Students by Canadian Value
- Sarah Ketterer’s Causeway International Value’s Top Five Holdings by Monica Wolfe
- Warren Buffett’s Firm Increases Stake in DaVita HealthCare Partners by Holly LaFon
- Coach Inc. (COH) - Why You Might Want to Take a Second Look - What’s in the Bag? by Victor Selva
- Stanley Black & Decker - Powering Its Way Toward Fair Value by FAST Graphs
- Stay Away from This Troubled Gold Miner by Patricio Kehoe
- Increasing Demand for Safety in Emerging Markets Will Be Essential for This Auto Parts Giant by Patricio Kehoe
MORE BY CANADIAN VALUE
- Novus Energy – Possibly Going to Be Acquired at a Huge Premium - Sep 03, 2013
- As We Approach the End of Monetary Easing, Howard Marks Thinks Investors Should Be Cautious - Jun 05, 2013
- 5 Key Things Mohnish Pabrai Learned from Lunches with Buffett and Munger - May 31, 2013
- Trapeze Asset Management First Quarter 2013 - May 26, 2013
TOP RANKED ARTICLES
- Law of Diminishing Returns - Warren Buffett's Advised Experiment by Tannor Pilatzke
- Yacktman Funds Interview - Great Answers from Great Investors by Ning Jia
- Staples - Mixed Results Highlight Struggles & Opportunities Ahead by The Science of Hitting
- 'We buy good companies with good teams' - A Look at the Success and Strategies of Spanish Guru Francisco Garcia Paramés by Monica Wolfe
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Weekly CEO Sells Highlight: Workday Inc., Kirby Corp., Mylan Inc., Infinera Corporation
- WDAY - Major Add for Steve Mandel, Workday Insiders Sell
- Blue Ridge Capital Responds to Workday Inc.’s Mid-October IPO, Almost 7% Ownership
- Baron Funds Comments on Halcon Resources Corp
- Coach Inc. (COH) - Why You Might Want to Take a Second Look - What’s in the Bag?