School Specialty Inc. is one of the largest marketers of non- textbook educational supplies and furniture to schools for pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. The company offers items through an innovative two-pronged marketing approach that targets both school administrators and individual teachers. The company's broad product range enables it to provide our customers with one source for virtually all of their non-textbook school supplies and furniture needs. School Specialty Inc. has a market cap of $314.12 million; its shares were traded at around $13.18 with a P/E ratio of 8 and P/S ratio of 0.29. School Specialty Inc. had an annual average earning growth of 6.5% over the past 10 years.
SCHS is in the portfolios of Chris Davis of Davis Selected Advisers.
Recent Trades of School Specialty Inc. by CFO:
- Buy: EVP / CFO Ploeg David Vander bought 1,000 shares of SCHS stock on 02/25/2009 at the average price of $13.74; the price of the stock has decreased by 4.08% since.
- Buy: EVP / CFO Ploeg David Vander bought 1,000 more shares of SCHS stock on 12/09/2008 at the average price of $16.14; the price of the stock has decreased by 18.34% since.
- CEO Buys, CFO Buys: Stocks that are bought by their CEO/CFOs.
- Insider Cluster Buys: Stocks that multiple company officers and directors have bought.
- Double Buys:: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying
- Triple Buys: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying, and Company is buying back.