President and CEO of AFFYMAX, INC. (AFFY) Arlene Morris sells 6,555 shares of AFFY on 09/01/2009 at an average price of $25 a share.
AFFYMAX INC. is a biopharmaceutical company that is developing a pipeline of synthetic peptide-based drug candidates against clinically validated targets for the treatment of kidney diseases and cancer. Affymax's objective is to discover develop and commercialize novel therapeutics addressing large unmet medical needs. A collaboration of several venture firms created Affymax as an independent company a spin-out from GlaxoSmithKline. Affymax has leveraged its foundation to become a developer of peptide drugs.Their lead productHematide is a synthetic peptide-based erythropoiesis-stimulating agent in clinical development for the treatment of anemia. Hematide is currently entering Phase THREE clinical trials for the treatment of anemia associated with chronic renal failure and is in Phase TWO clinical trials for the treatment of anemia in cancer patients. Affymax, Inc. has a market cap of $411.6 million; its shares were traded at around $21.82 with and P/S ratio of 5.
Recent Trades of AFFYMAX, INC. by Directors and Officers:
- Sell: Chief Medical Officer Anne-marie Duliege sold 1,697 shares of AFFY stock on 05/01/2009 at the average price of $17.46; the price of the stock has increased by 24.97% since.
- CEO Buys, CFO Buys: Stocks that are bought by their CEO/CFOs.
- Insider Cluster Buys: Stocks that multiple company officers and directors have bought.
- Double Buys:: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying
- Triple Buys: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying, and Company is buying back.