V.P. Finance, CFO, Secretary of CARDICA, INC. (NASDAQ:CRDC) Robert Y Iv Newell buys 11,976 shares of CRDC on 09/30/2009 at an average price of $1.25 a share.
Cardica Inc. designs and manufactures proprietary automated anastomotic systems used by surgeons to perform coronary artery bypass graft surgery. In these surgery procedures veins or arteries are used to construct alternative conduits to restore blood flow beyond narrowed or occluded portions of coronary arteries bypassing the narrowed or occluded portion of the artery that is impairing blood flow to the heart muscle. Our first two products the C-Port Distal Anastomosis System and the PAS-Port Proximal Anastomosis System provide cardiovascular surgeons with easy-to-use automated systems to perform consistent rapid and reliable connections or anastomoses of the vessels which surgeons generally view as the most critical aspect of the bypass procedure. Cardica, Inc. has a market cap of $23.7 million; its shares were traded at around $1.4 with and P/S ratio of 2.4.
CRDC is in the portfolios of PRIMECAP Management.
Recent Trades of CARDICA, INC. by Directors and Officers:
- Buy: Director, 10% Owner William H Jr Younger bought 399,201 shares of CRDC stock on 09/30/2009 at the average price of $1.25; the price of the stock has increased by 12% since.
- CEO Buys, CFO Buys: Stocks that are bought by their CEO/CFOs.
- Insider Cluster Buys: Stocks that multiple company officers and directors have bought.
- Double Buys:: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying
- Triple Buys: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying, and Company is buying back.