Jim Rogers conducted an interview with Yahoo Tech Ticker which I thought was rather interesting as it took place in the heart of NYC, something very few Wall Street commentators do.
Jim Rogers Surprised By Economy's Health
- Thought things would be worse in New York , but the economy has been recovering
- Major creditor nations in the world are in Asia , while all debitor nations are in the West
- Not in favor of stimulus spending anywhere
- If you are worried about a banking system, look at the banking system in the U,S and U.K
- Everybody who rises to power has huge problem along the way (referring to China and forced lending)
- Advises most individuals to buy a commodities index such as an ETF
- Not very active in most commodity indexes carrying his name, Jim rogers simply licenses them
- Don't be terrified of commodity futures
- So much focus on gold because everyone knows about gold, not too many people know about lead and the other lesser known commodities despite outperforming gold
- Supply/Demand situation is very favorable for commodities
- Concerned about dollar's demise
- Quite sure gold will hit $2,000/oz.
- Dollar will lose status as world currency
- With so much borrowing and money printing , America is going the wrong way