1. How to use GuruFocus - Tutorials
  2. What Is in the GuruFocus Premium Membership?
  3. A DIY Guide on How to Invest Using Guru Strategies
10qk
10qk
Articles 

Aeropostale Inc. Reports Operating Results (10-Q)

December 03, 2012 | About:

Aeropostale Inc. (ARO) filed Quarterly Report for the period ended 2012-10-27.

. Aeropostale, Inc. had an annual average earning growth of 31.8% over the past 10 years. GuruFocus rated Aeropostale, Inc. the business predictability rank of 3.5-star.

Highlight of Business Operations:

For the third quarter of 2012, we achieved net sales of $605.9 million, or a 2% increase when compared to the third quarter of 2011. Gross profit, as a percentage of net sales, increased by 0.8 percentage points. SG&A, as a percentage of net sales increased by 0.5 percentage points for the third quarter of 2012. Net income for the third quarter of 2012 was $24.9 million, or $0.31 per diluted share, compared to net income of $24.1 million, or $0.30 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2011.

an increase of $5.4 million in net sales from our e-commerce business which increased by 12% to $51.1 million during the third quarter of 2012 when compared to the same period last year.

Comparable sales, including the e-commerce channel, decreased by 1% when compared to the same period last year. Comparable sales, including the e-commerce channel, increased by 3% in our young men's category and decreased in our young women's category by 3%. The overall comparable sales, including the e-commerce channel, reflected increases of 3% in units per sales transaction and 2% in the number of sales transactions offset by a decrease of 5% in average unit retail.

an increase of $21.2 million in net sales from our e-commerce business which increased by 21% to $120.2 million during the first thirty-nine weeks of 2012 when compared to the same period last year.

Comparable sales, including the e-commerce channel, increased 1% when compared to the same period last year. Comparable sales, including the e-commerce channel, increased in our young men's category by 2% and decreased in our young women's category by 1%. The overall comparable sales, including the e-commerce channel, reflected increases of 3% in units per sales transaction, offset by decreases of 2% in average unit retail and 1% in the number of sales transactions.

Read the The complete Report

About the author:

10qk
GuruFocus - Stock Picks and Market Insight of Gurus

Rating: 2.5/5 (2 votes)

Comments

Please leave your comment:


Select portfolio(s):

  • Loading...

Why you are interested?

Your selection and notes will be stored in your portfolio.

Login to add portfolio
Get WordPress Plugins for easy affiliate links on Stock Tickers and Guru Names | Earn affiliate commissions by embedding GuruFocus Charts
GuruFocus Affiliate Program: Earn up to $400 per referral. ( Learn More)
FEEDBACK