Over the years since we started in 2004, we have created many screens for our users to generate the best value investing ideas. We have also created many powerful research tools for users to validate their ideas. This is a brief summary of the features we have for GuruFocus Premium Membership.
The Premium features on GuruFocus.com can be categorized into three parts. They are:
1. Stock idea generation
2. Stock idea validation
3. Newsletter picks
If you are looking to generate your own ideas and do your own research, you can use GuruFocus’ stock idea generation screeners and stock idea validation tools. If you are looking for ready-to-trade stock picks, you can use GuruFocus Newsletter picks.
Stock idea generation
You can generate investment ideas from GuruFocus based on the data from Guru trades/holdings, insider trades and financial data. Over the years we have developed many screeners and strategies. But all of them can be done with:
To learn more about the Screener, please read All-in-One Screener Now Has 120 Filters
If you still want to use existing GuruFocus screeners, these are the detailed descriptions:
Guru Stock Screeners
- Latest Guru Picks: The most recent stock picks of investment gurus. Updated quarterly, typical lag time is 1-3 months.
- Guru Portfolios: The complete list of Gurus portfolios. GuruFocus just developed a GuruFolio - Comprehensive Guru Portfolio Reports In PDF Format.
- Consensus Picks: These stocks have been bought/sold by multiple gurus.
- Bargains Candidates : These stocks have been down more than 20% since our gurus bought. You may buy these stocks at more than 20% discount from the prices gurus bought.
- Guru Industry Weightings: Gurus' asset allocations by sectors and industries, and the trend.
- S&P500 Grid: S&P500 companies, and non-S&P500 companies that are owned, bought, and sold by Gurus.
Premium Guru Screens:
- Build Your Personalized List of Gurus: Select your most respected investors from our databases of the best investors in the world
- Guru Trend: Where to invest? Which sector? Large cap, mid cap, or small cap? Domestic or international? This section tells you in which market section Gurus are finding value, and where Gurus are moving. You can see the trend of each individual Gurus and the aggregate investment trend of Your List of Gurus.
- Real Time Picks: Real Time Guru Picks allow you to more closely follow the latest significant buys/sales of Gurus. The lag time is typically 1 week or even less. Real Time Guru Picks keeps you more closely updated.
- Picks by Section/Industry or by Market Cap: This section allows you to drill down the stock picks of Gurus by sector/industry. Find out the most bought and most sold stocks of Gurus in the sectors/industries you are interested.
- Excel/CSV Download: Download Guru portfolios and aggregate portfolios of multiple gurus into Excel worksheet. Sort the portfolios by number of Guru holders, the combined weightings. Discover the best ideas of Gurus.
- International Picks: Need ideas in Europe? South America? or China? See what Gurus are buying there. Remember, you need a higher margin of safety for International Stocks.
- Guru Screener: Screen the Guru Stock Picks and Holdings with multiple factors, such as sector/industry, market cap, region, price change, impact to portfolio, number of Guru holders etc. Find the stocks that satisfy your most strict criteria.
- Guru Aggregated Holdings: Gurus own these stocks with the highest weighting. Gurus bet heavily on these stocks. They did well with this. During 2006 the 25 most weighted stocks outperformed the market by more than 9% WITHOUT rebalancing.
- Insider Buys:Most recent buys by company executives and directors.
- CEO Buys: Companies that are bought by their CEOs;
- CFO Buys: Companies that are bought by their CFOs
- Insider Cluster Buys: Stocks that multiple company officers and directors have bought. You can browse by the number of buying activities and the number of unique insider buys during the past 3 months.
- Double Buys:: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying
- Triple Buys: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying, and Company is buying back.
- 52-Week Low Insider Buys: Recent insider buys that are traded at 52-week lows.
- Insider Trends: the aggregate activities and sentiment of the insiders
Value Strategies and Screens:
Invest with strategies that have been proven successful over the long term.
- Graham NCAV Screener: Net-Current-Asset (Or "Bargain") issues as defined by Ben Graham. This was a strategy Ben Graham used for many years.
- Buffett-Munger Screener: Companies with high quality business at undervalued or fair-valued prices. This portfolio has outperformed the market every year since inception.
- Undervalued Companies: Top ranked predictable companies that are undervalued based on DCF model.
- DCF Screener: Companies that are undervalued. Free cash flows are used in DCF calculation.
- Low P/B Companies: Predictable companies that are sold at close to historical low price/book ratios
- Low P/S Companies: Predictable companies that are sold at close to historical low price/sale ratios
- Predictable Companies: Companies with High Predictability. They are consistent with their revenue growth and earnings growth.
- 52-Week Lows: Companies that are sold at 52-week lows.
Stock Idea Validation
After you generated the ideas with GuruFocus’ screening tools, you can need to validate the idea. This is the research process in which you decide if the idea is a good investment. GuruFocus research tools will power you through the research process and help you to make much better decisions:
· Ranks: GuruFocus stock summary page tells you how strong the company’s financial strength is; how its business ranks against its competition; how the business is doing relative to its past performance; and how it is valued relative to its peers and its past.
· Guru Trades: This page tells you what Gurus are doing with this stock. Buying? Selling?
· 10-Year Financials: Historical financial data and historical key ratios such as P/E, P/S, P/B, Shiller P/E, Altman Z-score, Piotroski F-Score, Graham Number, Peter Lynch Fair Value etc.
· Warning Signs:We conduct a thorough checkup using a checklist of 32 items that cover the areas of financial strength, profitability, growth and valuation of each company. We highlight the warning signs with this stock. You don’t want to ignore these warning signs.
· DCF Calculator: The most sophisticated Discounted Cashflow Calculator online.
· Interactive Charts:Any data you want for a company, visualize it with ONE click!
· Insider Trades:Insider trades historical visualized. Find out the insider trends in one glimpse.
These powerful research tools will help you to understand the company much better and help you to avoid costly mistakes. Check out the Warning Signs and 10-year financials.
If you are not interested in picking stocks yourself, GuruFocus Premium Membership offers three monthly newsletters. Each of them provides a fully researched actionable idea per month. The strategies for the newsletters are fully proven by Gurus and they have delivered outstanding results in the past. These newsletters are:
- Ben Graham Net-Net Newsletter (Monthly)
- Buffett-Munger Best Bargains Newsletter (Monthly)
- Micro-Cap Magic Formula Newsletter (Monthly)
This is a summary of what tools GuruFocus offers. Probably we are providing too many. Find the ones that fit your investing philosophy and comfort zone, and stick to them. If you find these are too much, researching stock might not be part of your interest. You may also benefit from these functions from the very simple DIY guides we have:
- A DIY Guide on How to Invest Using Guru Strategies
- A DIY Guide on How to Invest with Value Strategies
Many of these tools are for Premium Members only. If you are not a premium member, we invite you for a 7-day Free Trial.