Over the years since we started in 2004, we have created many screens for our users to generate the best value investing ideas. We have also created many powerful research tools for users to validate their ideas. This is a brief summary of the features we have for GuruFocus Premium Membership.
The Premium features on GuruFocus.com can be categorized into three parts. They are:
1. Stock idea generation
2. Stock idea validation
If you are looking to generate your own ideas and do your own research, you can use GuruFocus’ stock idea generation screeners and stock idea validation tools. If you are looking for ready-to-trade stock picks, you can use GuruFocus Newsletter picks.
Stock idea generation
You can generate investment ideas from GuruFocus based on the data from Guru trades/holdings, insider trades and financial data. Over the years we have developed many screeners and strategies. But all of them can be done with:
- Warren Buffett Recent Buys
- Warren Buffett's Current Portfolio
- This Powerful Chart Made Peter Lynch 29% A Year For 13 Years
To learn more about the Screener, please read All-in-One Screener Now Has 250 Filters. We have also added the Customized Filters function with which you can create your own customized filters based on any data in the financial statements.
We have recent added the backtesting function for GuruFocus Premium Membership. You can backtesting for the performances of strategies from the year 2006.
These are the detailed descriptions:
- All-in-One Screener: Backtesting
- All-in-One Screener: Customized Filters
- All-in-One Screener: New Filters
Existing Value Strategies and Screens:
Invest with strategies that have been proven successful over the long term.
- Graham NCAV Screener: Net-Current-Asset (Or "Bargain") issues as defined by Ben Graham. This was a strategy Ben Graham used for many years.
- Buffett-Munger Screener: Companies with high quality business at undervalued or fair-valued prices. This portfolio has outperformed the market every year since inception.
- Undervalued Companies: Top ranked predictable companies that are undervalued based on DCF model.
- DCF Screener: Companies that are undervalued. Free cash flows are used in DCF calculation.
- Low P/B Companies: Predictable companies that are sold at close to historical low price/book ratios
- Low P/S Companies: Predictable companies that are sold at close to historical low price/sale ratios
- Predictable Companies: Companies with High Predictability. They are consistent with their revenue growth and earnings growth.
- 52-Week Lows: Companies that are sold at 52-week lows.
Guru Stock Screeners
- Latest Guru Picks: The most recent stock picks of investment gurus. Updated quarterly, typical lag time is 1-3 months.
- Guru Portfolios: The complete list of Gurus portfolios. GuruFocus just developed a GuruFolio - Comprehensive Guru Portfolio Reports In PDF Format.
- Consensus Picks: These stocks have been bought/sold by multiple gurus.
- S&P500 Grid: S&P500 companies, and non-S&P500 companies that are owned, bought, and sold by Gurus.
- Real Time Picks: Real Time Guru Picks allow you to more closely follow the latest significant buys/sales of Gurus. The lag time is typically 1 week or even less. Real Time Guru Picks keeps you more closely updated.
- Picks by Section/Industry or by Market Cap: This section allows you to drill down the stock picks of Gurus by sector/industry. Find out the most bought and most sold stocks of Gurus in the sectors/industries you are interested.
- Excel/CSV Download: Download Guru portfolios and aggregate portfolios of multiple gurus into Excel worksheet. Sort the portfolios by number of Guru holders, the combined weightings. Discover the best ideas of Gurus.
- Insider Buys:Most recent buys by company executives and directors.
- CEO Buys: Companies that are bought by their CEOs;
- CFO Buys: Companies that are bought by their CFOs
- Insider Cluster Buys: Stocks that multiple company officers and directors have bought. You can browse by the number of buying activities and the number of unique insider buys during the past 3 months.
- Double Buys:: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying
- Triple Buys: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying, and Company is buying back.
- 52-Week Low Insider Buys: Recent insider buys that are traded at 52-week lows.
- Insider Trends: the aggregate activities and sentiment of the insiders
Stock Idea Validation
After you generated the ideas with GuruFocus’ screening tools, you can need to validate the idea. This is the research process in which you decide if the idea is a good investment. GuruFocus research tools will power you through the research process and help you to make much better decisions:
· Warning Signs:We conduct a thorough checkup using a checklist of 32 items that cover the areas of financial strength, profitability, growth and valuation of each company. We highlight the warning signs with this stock. You don’t want to ignore these warning signs.
· DCF Calculator: The most sophisticated Discounted Cashflow Calculator online.
· Interactive Charts:Any data you want for a company, visualize it with ONE click!
Manual of Stocks
Then he said in 2005: “Yes, I would still say the same thing today. In fact, we are still earning those types of returns on some of our smaller investments. The best decade was the 1950s; I was earning 50% plus returns with small amounts of capital. I could do the same thing today with smaller amounts.”
In order to help our subscribers find the companies that are “way off the map,” GuruFocus developed the Manual of Stocks, which aims to cover every stock traded worldwide. Currently it covers all of the 78,000+ stocks. GuruFocus' Manual of Stocks covers each company in one page. It consists of all of the key valuation parameters, financial indicators such as profitability and financial strength, dividends, and the last 10 years of financial data. You can download a Free Sample here.
You can learn more about this feature here.
We are very pleased to announce that we have released GuruFocus Excel User-Defined Functions. This function is called GURUF. GURUF works just like existing Excel functions such as SUM, COUNT, etc., but is much more powerful. With GURUF you can call and get all the historical financial data and key statistics data of more than 70,000 stocks that are traded on the world markets.
With GURUF function, you will be able to create your proprietary methods of looking at ownership and financial information via spreadsheets. Updating the spreadsheets is just one mouse click.
If you have not done so, please come to GuruFocus Excel Add-in page to download GuruFocus Excel Add-in.
This is a summary of what tools GuruFocus offers. Probably we are providing too many. Find the ones that fit your investing philosophy and comfort zone, and stick to them. If you find these are too much, researching stock might not be part of your interest. You may also benefit from these functions from the very simple DIY guides we have:
- A DIY Guide on How to Invest Using Guru Strategies
- A DIY Guide on How to Invest with Value Strategies
If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know in the comment area of this article.
Many of these tools are for Premium Members only. If you are not a premium member, we invite you for a 7-day Free Trial.