- New ENVY Inspire is the best, most versatile home printer HP has ever created
- Enabled with HP+, the smartest printing system1, providing 6 months of Instant Ink and 1 extra year warranty2
- First-of-its-kind HP photo printing capabilities with custom two-sided printing and templates that allow you to turn photos into gifts, cards, keepsakes and more3
- Built with sustainability in mind; made of over 45% recycled plastic content
PALO ALTO, Calif., Oct. 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HP Inc. (: HPQ) today unveils HP ENVY Inspire with HP+. Nearly 86 percent of families are using their printer to manage everyday life4 – ENVY Inspire is designed to fit their evolving needs as they work, learn, and create new memories from home.
“ENVY Inspire was built based on first-hand understanding of what is needed in our new normal, as the team that developed it did so while working remotely in the pandemic,” said Xavier Garcia, Global Head, Print Hardware Systems, HP Inc. “It brings together our best products, photo inks and services – combined with the smartest printing system HP+, our best-in-class HP Smart App5, innovative Instant Ink delivery – providing families with our most versatile home printing system yet.”
Beyond working and learning, ENVY Inspire can also help families preserve and celebrate the moments that matter most through new, first-of-its kind HP photo printing capabilities like custom two-sided printing, automatically adding date and location3, and true-to-phone quality6 in modern sizes7, like panorama and social-friendly square. Users can also choose from a wide range of templates available in the HP Smart App to make greeting cards, keepsakes, and more8. Perfect for the 72% of families who plan to spend more on travel in 2022 than they have in the past five years to make up for lost time9.
Additional key features of HP ENVY Inspire include:
- Enabled with HP+, to provide the smartest printing system10
- SMART PRINTER – Print from anywhere: Anyone can securely access the printer, send, and store files, and print from home or virtually anywhere using any preferred device with the HP Smart App8,11.
- SMART INK – Never run out of ink: Families can save up to 50 percent on ink12,13. When individuals opt into HP+ they will receive 6 months of Instant Ink and 1 extra year of HP warranty with use of Original HP Ink.
- SMART APP – Enjoy extra features: HP+ gets the most out of the HP Smart App. From housework to homework, the HP Smart app helps advance-scan books, multiple receipts and store editable, searchable files8.
- SMART FOR THE PLANET – Print with a purpose: For every page printed with HP+, HP protects or restores forests in equal measure14.
- New hybrid life friendly features
- Designed with “quiet mode” for those working, learning and creating from home.
- First HP printer to be certified as Works With Chromebook, helping families print the things needed for school, work, and everything in between15.
- Includes new Smart Driver, automatically rerouting print jobs regardless of being connected to a WiFi network, or connected to a VPN.
- Modern design to fit every family’s home
- Thoughtful and sustainable design to fit within families’ homes with neutral color options and made of over 45% recycled plastic.
HP ENVY Inspire will first launch with the 7900e series in the US. Additional models and markets to follow in 2022. Pricing and more information can be found at hp.com/envyprinters.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our product and service portfolio of personal systems, printers, and 3D printing solutions, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
©Copyright 2020 HP Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- Compared to the majority of competing in-class, A4 cartridge-based networked inkjet MFPS <$488 USD and <€300 and monochrome laser printers <$149 USD and <€150 and MFPs <$199 USD and <€210. Print system defined as OEM printer used with only same-brand OEM cartridges. Criteria for the smartest printing system includes specific Wi-Fi connection resiliency features and security features, cloud-connected capabilities, features and scale of supplies subscription services and OEM print app functionality. Keypoint Intelligence April 2021 study commissioned by HP, based on research of OEM published information publicly available as of 3/24/2021. Market share as reported by IDC Q4 2020 Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker – Final Historical for North America and EMEA. For details, see www.keypointintelligence.com/HPPlusSmartest
- Instant Ink sign up required. Instant Ink not available in all countries. Subject to monthly page limit of plan selected. Must complete Instant Ink signup within 7 days of setting up the printer with the HP-recommended setup process as indicated in the instructions that came with your printer. Unless service is cancelled within the promotional period online at www.hpinstantink.com, a monthly service fee, based on the plan chosen, plus tax and overage fees will be charged to your credit/debit card. Customer will be charged for any overage fees and applicable taxes at the end of each month in the promotional period. Use of in-box ink or toner cartridge is included in period of offer. One offer redeemable per printer. Included months offer with Instant Ink subject to change after 4.30.2022. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash. Setup Offer may be combined with other offers; see terms and conditions of the other offer for more details. Requires a valid credit/debit card, an email address, and Internet connection to printer. See additional offer information available during online signup process. For service details, see www.hpinstantink.com.
- Compared to current HP home consumer printers
- Source: 2021-03 ENVY Inspire Research Report
- Compared to OEM printing apps for the majority of top-selling, network-capable inkjet/laser printers and all-in-ones for the home and office, priced ≤450 USD. Market share as reported by IDC Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker – Final Historical CYQ4 2020. Claim based on research of printer manufacturer’s print apps and Keypoint Intelligence hands-on testing and study commissioned by HP. For details, please see: keypointintelligence.com/HPSmartApp
- When printing through HP Smart app from a mobile device supporting P3 color gamut
- Requires printing through HP Smart app from a mobile phone
- Requires the HP Smart app download. For details on local printing requirements see www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting. Certain features/software are available in English language only, and differ between desktop and mobile applications. Subscription may be required; subscription may not be available in all countries. See details at www.hpsmart.com. Internet access required and must be purchased separately. HP account required for full functionality. List of supported operating systems available in app stores. Fax capabilities are for sending a fax only. After 2 years, monthly fee applies to continue advanced features with HP Smart Advance. HP Smart Advance is not available in all countries. For more information, see www.hpsmart.com.
- Flywire Global Consumer Survey “Set to Soar: How Consumer Travel Plans Signal a Tourism Boom”
- Requires HP+ activation at setup and Instant Ink registration. After 6 months, a monthly fee will be charged automatically unless cancelled.
- Utilizing technology in the HP+ system and compared to HP standard consumer printers without HP+. HP+ printers are ready when you are with improved connectivity utilizing Smart Driver and Print/Scan Doctor technology, more secure with Smart Security technology, more productive through HP Smart Advance features included for 2 years, and more sustainable by enabling Forest First printing and net-zero deforestation prints.
- Based on plan usage, Internet connection to eligible HP printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic area.
- Based on monthly subscription cost of HP Instant Ink 700-page plans without purchase of additional sets of pages compared to cost per page to print ISO/IEC 24711 pages on most in-class, traditional A4 color inkjet cartridge printers & MFPs using original standard capacity cartridges priced for: Australia <299 AUD; New Zealand <349 NZD; Canada <=399 CAD & United States <399 USD. Sale prices not considered for this study. HP Ink Advantage printers excluded due to non-standard hardware & supplies model. Buyers Lab July 2020 study commissioned by HP, based on publicly available information as of June 1, 2020. Printers selected by market share in IDC Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker - Final Historical 2020Q1. For details: www.keypointintelligence.com/HPInstantInk
- HP works collaboratively with our partners including WWF and Arbor Day Foundation to manage, restore, and protect forests in many countries around the world. With HP+, every print - regardless of paper brand – is addressed through HP’s Forest Positive Framework to counteract risks of deforestation. HP brand paper is sourced only from certified responsibly managed forests or from recycled content. For other brands of paper, HP invests in forest restoration, protection or management projects in key regions sufficient to balance any paper used by HP+ customers that may not have been responsibly sourced. To learn more visit www.hp.com/forestfirst.
- This product works with devices capable of running the latest version of Chrome OS and has been certified to meet Google's compatibility standards. Google is not responsible for the operation of this product or its compliance with safety requirements. Chromebook and the Works With Chromebook badge are trademarks of Google LLC.
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at: